[FIXES] Common Error Messages with SmartCars

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:04 pm
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

As is the case with any software, there some problems that can be solved by simple solutions. Below, we have outlined these problems and error messages, and their fixes.

Error: "This application has failed to start because MS{insert numbers}.dll was not found."
Solution: Download the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable from here.

Error: The message "We could not parse your pilot data properly... " followed by an explanation of the possible causes of it is shown when opening smartCARS after an update.
Solution: Authenticate again using the form, as it the issue is caused by corrupt credentials remembered in the database. This can also be solved by deleting your smartcars.config located at %appdata%\smartCARS\{your airline's unique ICAO}\smartcars.config.

Error: You receive the message "There was an error processing data recieved from the smartCARS authorization server" when opening the ACARS.

Solution: This can often be resolved by re-download the ACARS via the official link provided by TFDi Design (which we encourage airlines to distribute to their pilots). If that does not solve the issues, however, please email us at support@tfdidesign.com

Error: An unhandled exception with the error message: "Could not load file or assembly "System.Web" appears immediately after logging in .

Solution: Repair (or install if repair is not an option) your Windows .NET framework, or installing the Full .NET profile if isn't installed. This can be done using the installer provided here.

Error: No executable file (.exe) is installed when I install smartCARS.

Solution: Using the installer to repair the installation will install the executable file into the appropriate directory.

If you do not see your error message here, please contact your CRO at CRO@eravirtualairways.net and submit a post on a new thread. Please provide the following information when submitting the error message:
*Exact text of the error message
*Where in the program the error occurred (inflight, login, exit, etc)
*Version of Flight simulator
*Version of Windows or MAC
*Any additional information you may have...

Scroll up

RE: [FIXES] Common Error Messages with SmartCars

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 am
by No name specified • ( Guest )

This helped me get eraCars working. Thank you.

Casey O.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:06 am
by ERR691 Brendan W (deleted)

this helped me also thank you very much.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 pm
by ERR292 Scott B (deleted)

I keep getting this message "The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?" Does anyone have any suggestions

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun May 26, 2013 9:22 pm

i am getting that as well. I Think its because im operating on a 64 bit software and its a 32 bit program. Ill check into that scott! Thanks for reminding me :)

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 pm
by ERR292 Scott B (deleted)
Thanks heaps, i clicked ok and the program still runs, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to be an operation issue
Thanks for the response
Scott

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 am
by ERR820 Hussam E (deleted)

Hi Guys,

I am getting lost adding bids following schedules, for example how can i start with a Beechraft 1900 from PABE complete a route back to base.

is my requirement clear?
Hussam

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 am
by ERA707_ Cliff P (deleted)

When cameron has finished fine tuning the routes ... i will look at PABE routes so you can return to Base.

If you could let me know where you get stranded ... that would be a big help

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Quote: ERA707_ Cliff P wrote in post #8
When cameron has finished fine tuning the routes ... i will look at PABE routes so you can return to Base.

If you could let me know where you get stranded ... that would be a big help

Routes are done and updated. Let me know if there is any issues. Thanks :)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: