Kacars Occasionaly gives positve rate touch down?

in kACARS Support Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm
by RVF424 Brian H | 6 Posts

Occasionally, when I figured I just greased a landing I get a positive rate touchdown. I've not seen this in any other Vatsim tracking flight program. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a cure or should I be pleased with a positive rather than a negative impact?

Cheers Brian

Scroll up

RE: Kacars Occasionaly gives positve rate touch down?

in kACARS Support Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:06 pm
by RVF502 Anders E | 22 Posts

Can it be because you are landing on a sloped runway. I cant remember if we have sloped runways, but if we have, it records as a possitive rate (that is if you land upslope)

Scroll up

in kACARS Support Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:48 pm
by RVF483 Dave M - OM | 234 Posts

Yep.. its happened to me as well Brian. And, on every VA I've flown for or with...just part of Flight Sim.

Scroll up

in kACARS Support Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 am

Just landed in Anchorage RWY 07L which is a down-slope due to - 36 ft difference from the button of 07L till the end of the runway. Landing rate was positive 318fpm. ???? Nose was a tad high on the flare( ie. 7 degrees) but definitely a negative sink rate on touchdown.

Scroll up

in kACARS Support Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 pm
by RVF736 Daniel W - PAFA H.M. | 18 Posts

Were you flying the Majestic Q400? If so, it's well known that it'll show a positive landing rate if you flare too much. There is no fix. You'll get a dice rolls worth of positive landing rates on gravel runways with any aircraft. But it's usually just 5-10 fpm.

Scroll up

in kACARS Support Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 am

Yes , I was flying the 400Q. My best landings in terms of landing rate have been between 3and 4 degrees pitch. And all the positive landing rates have been above 5 degrees. So thanks for the tip.

Cheers Brian

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: