Howdy from Texas

in WELCOME ABOARD Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:27 pm
by RVF431 Fred K | 7 Posts

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to pop on, say hello, and express my appreciation to the people who make the VA run.

I got my first short hop out of PABE done last night and I'm looking forward to flying with everyone and a long and interesting virtual "career" with Raven. For a bit about me - I'm from Texas, 31, married, and 3rd year law student counting the days until commencement (I know, the world really needs more lawyers). As far as simming goes, I'm a long time IL-2 guy but just came into FSX with the release of the steam edition. I'm also rapidly becoming a payware junky, so try to be patient with me if I'm clogging up the aircraft forum asking about various models.

I also had about 20 hours of real world flight training in a 152, but about that time my friend's dad, who was a pilot, had a really severe wing strike attempting a crosswind landing in his 172 (he ended up fine, just a bit shaken) and I decided maybe I was better off sticking to computer games. Anyway, that was 10 years ago and I've forgotten 90% of what I learned, so no risk of me being one of those insufferable low hours guys lecturing all the real pilots about flight models and such.

Anyway, thanks again to all of those that are making raven virtual possible and I'll see you around.

Scroll up

RE: Howdy from Texas

in WELCOME ABOARD Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 am
by RVF736 Daniel W - PAFA H.M. | 18 Posts

Hello Fred!

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you progress with us. It's great to have new members. Our sense of community is slowly growing, so we appreciate those who become a part of it.

As a 2200 hour and change pilot, and real world Ravn Alaska employee, I hope I don't come off as a stiff. I'm sure there will come a time that I'll come off the wrong way, but I'll try not to be too hard on you. ;-) Besides, I'm just a pirep guy, day to day... The VA management seem to have great intentions. They're quite dedicated to providing a great representation of it's real life counterpart, but also do their best to ensure it's all in good fun. I hope you find that your experience reflects this effort.

- Daniel

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: