Hi from Spain

in WELCOME ABOARD Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:55 pm
by RVF502 Anders E | 22 Posts

I´m Anders

I´ve been aboard for a couple of weeks now. I have done my 10 hours of trainee and I´m currently in the process of getting my C208 ratings.
I enjoyed PABE, its surroundings and the C207 and I hope there will be A LOT more C207 flights in the future. Its the kind of plane that I like to fly.

Scroll up

RE: Hi from Spain

in WELCOME ABOARD Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:22 pm
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

Welcome to Ravn Alaska Virtual! We hope to provide you with a diverse set of routes while maintaining a realistic Ravn Schedule. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask as we are here to help. Welcome aboard!

Scroll up

in WELCOME ABOARD Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:14 am

Hi and thank you.
With respect of C207 routes, I have an idea:
In the Flying Wild Alaska, the C207 is being used a lot from most hubs. Not only for scheduled flights but for charters with people like hunters and gold diggers, that they take out into small dirt tracks. You also see it being flied from Unalakleet to different nearby airports.

If its a help, I can take notes from the series and fly those routes, write dorn the time it takes and the distance, send it to someone here and then they can be added to the schedule. It would be nice to have some flights from Unalakleet and other airports. As it is now, the Ravn Virtual C207 only operates from Bethel.

Scroll up

in WELCOME ABOARD Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Anders-
While most of our fans come from the Flying Wild Alaska crowd, we try to mirror Ravn and not Flying Wild Alaska (yes I know Era was the highlight of the series). With regards to off-site landings, check out our Era Wings groupings on the flights (labeled starting with EW). Those are all the non-Ravn scheduled flights that we design for more bush pilots as opposed to those wishing to do scheduled legs. I know there is not alot of 207 routes just yet, mainly because we are picking one aircraft at a time and redoing all the routes to fit the mainline Ravn routes...it just so happens to be when you joined the C207 was the aircraft being redone. I promise there will be more C207 routes in the very near future...

Scroll up

in WELCOME ABOARD Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:56 am

Well, it was just an idea and a suggestion where I could maybe be helpfull. I fully understand that this is about mirroring Ravn.
BUT, isnt it so, that an important part in Alaska flying is going off-schedule as well? Charter flights, sudden changes that means you have to go here and there. At least thats what happens a lot in the series.
I´m not certifired for the C185, so I cant see where it flyes, but I cant imagine that Ravn uses it for fixed schedules..

But no worries, I´ll do my flying with what there is.

Scroll up

in WELCOME ABOARD Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:10 pm

We will have alot more coming soon. I am working on msome 207 routes in the SE at the moment under the EraWings division so keep your eyes peeled. I know not much there now but we are shooting for off airport landings in C207, C208, and DH2. Ill advise when I can get those uploaded. I think for C185 there isn't much as we only have 1 or 2 in the fleet (originally had the idea to make C185 the "Tweeto aircraft" so to speak).

If you have any requests, post them in a post under the routes section of forum and ill see what I can do to help.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: