Strange Posts

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm
by ERR781 Shawn H (deleted)

I noticed the 'Early Approach' and 'Early Landing' callout in the PIREP, but wasn't sure what it meant. It was a relatively normal approach and landing and, after reviewing flight video, didn't see anything abnormal. The second landing indication on the PIREP occurred while I was taxiing of the active and it indicates a GS of 8kts, so it sounds like some form of glitch, maybe? I sometimes notice a bouncing-type of hiccup during taxi from time-to-time, but I was never airborne after initial touchdown. I'll try to save a video next time for review. Do you know what 'Early Approach' and 'Early Landing' typically indicate?

Scroll up

RE: Strange Posts

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 am
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

The "Early Aprroach" and "Early landing" are triggered if the flight time is before the expected time on the flight plan schedule. It happens quite often and is only attributed to the SmartCars program. The bouncing issue has been a long time issue, which we are working with smartcars to be fixed. It seems to be FPS related as users with high end systems are not seeing the bouncing as much as those with lower end computers, however we are working with them as well to get this reduced in the next released update. We will update you as soon as we get a better answer from SmartCars. Thanks

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: