Getting Started

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:17 am
by ERR713 Terry H.

Hello,
I'm brand new and ready to get started, but I seem to be having all kinds of issues. I downloaded EraCars, and like others, the file had a ".man" extension. After doing some reading here, I changed it to ".msi" and the program seemed to install properly, but when I try to log in I get:

Notify System Administrator of Switch error
Data not received
Switch=verify'

I saw that someone else has had this issue, but I couldn't find a solution. If I let the program run for awhile after the log in error, I'll also get "Switch = getMSG" and "Switch = getPMs" errors. I've been running this same program for another VA on this machine with no problems in the past.

When I try to install the other ACARS I get an error during the install that I need Directx 9.0c End-User runtime. I follow the link, install the runtime, but ACARS doesn't seem to recognize it. I'm running Window7 32bit if that helps.

And finally, I registered on the forum here as ERR713 Terry H. like the sticky said, but am not able to log in. Sorry to be such a pain!

Scroll up

RE: Getting Started

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:22 am
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

Hello Terry. Sorry for all the bad luck. The SmartCars issue is hit and miss. I am in contact with the creator to try and resolve that issue. It just started happening more frequently. As for kAcars, please verify yor .net framework is the latest available. Visit the microsoft .net framework site and install the latest version. After installing and verifying the latest version, let me know if the issue persists. Our forum admin section is down at the moment for updates and thus we have not been able to get all registrations activated. If you need additional help, you can always send me an email at coo@eravirtualairways.com or respond on here. Thanks again and I hope we can get you up and running asap.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:58 pm
by No name specified • ( Guest )

Thank you for the reply. I'll give it a try.
Terry

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Just to let you know, I was finally able to get the smartcars going by downloading a different version of the Directx 9.0c run-time than the one I found linked here. So I think I'm finally in business! Thanks.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:13 am

Not a problem. For the kAcars version. the switch error can be resolved by making sure the url for our site is typed correctly. Glad to hear you got smartCars up and running!

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 am

Quote: ERA147 Cameron G. COO/CRO wrote in post #5
Not a problem. For the kAcars version. the switch error can be resolved by making sure the url for our site is typed correctly. Glad to hear you got smartCars up and running!

You got it! It installed with the url already in place, but it used ".net". I changed it to a ".com" and it worked like a champ. Thanks again.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you for confirming the issue. I will advised in a seperate post the fix. Welcome again to Era Virtual Airways!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: