Need aircraft and route

in Routes Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 pm
by ERA066 Stacy K. (deleted)

I'm watching Flying Wild Alaska, and noticed that they flew a 208 to dead horse, but when I went there, I didn't find a route for the 208, but then I didn't find any 208s, but they could be out flying ...

I have information on two off airport landing sights, one is the 47 creek mine, no rwy there, but I have the location. I also have the location for Kavik, I'm currently flying to Dead Horse to see if I can fly that. I know Era Virtual is not really true to the show, but I thought I'd throw these in.

By the way, is there a 180 available in Unalakleet?

I have made available a special frequency for use while flying. It can be put in either squawkbox or FSInn, the address is rw.liveatc.net/err If I'm on line (mostly on weekends), I am usually tuned in. You should setup a different push to talk button for private chat, and we can all chat.

Last question, why is there not more 208 flights doing longer trips? Mostly we are not even putting the aircraft near the 1/2 tank limit. Flying out of remote airports to really remote locations would be really cool if there was more for the 208s instead of using the beechcraft and the Dash-8s. Anyway, just my 2 1/2 cents...

Scroll up

RE: Need aircraft and route

in Routes Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 pm
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

We do not have any flights for the 208s either in or out of Deadhorse. I dont believe they have routeine service to deadhorse with a 208...i know they use the 1900 there though. As for the Cessna 180, there is one sitting in PAUN for use. For the request for longer flights in the 208, just remember we are mirroring real world flights. Keep in mind, not all places the 208 flies to has the ability to fuel the aircraft, and thus the aircraft may need to carry fuel for both legs, keeping it under 1/2 tank per leg....dont forget to add reserve fuel too! Cant exactly top off the 208, load it up and expect to land with more than half a tank on a dirt strip...need to keep the plane light for short takeoffs/landings. Landing speeds, runway length, and fuel reserves are all factored in as part of preflight planning and the 208 is great for these off airport landings. Hopefully that helps...

Scroll up

in Routes Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 am
by No name specified • ( Guest )

You can keep up to date with ERA flights live here

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/fleet/ERR

Scroll up

in Routes Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:06 pm
by RVF251 Sune L | 9 Posts

Kavik scenery for FS9 / FSX can be found here. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=22893350

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: