NOTAM 1213: Routes for PABE

in Routes Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:20 am
by RVF736 Daniel W - PAFA H.M. | 18 Posts

Hello All!

I just wanted to make a quick notification to all pilots intending on flying in and out of Bethel. If life permits, I intend to update the H6 operations out of Bethel so the flight line is current and has better flow. It is incredibly rare for Hageland flights to be simply one destination, one flight number. Especially out of Bethel. Most of the outlying villages are in close proximity and each segment will have an average of 4 legs. Some of the Sled runs have much much more.

I believe, Bethel is still the busiest in the world in terms of Part 135 operations. There can be anywhere from 70 to 180 commercial flights per day. Rookie and Veteran Hageland pilots alike, bear a great deal of this travel burden with regional flights departing every 10 to 15 minutes. Goods delivered are often measured in tons per person, on an annual basis. Air travel truly is it's own beast in Bethel. There is simply nothing like it, for better or worse...

We're all dedicated to providing a taste of what flying is like for the Ravn Air Group. I've noticed that our flights are particularly dated and lack the flow, and '"as flown" form factor, in and out of the station. So on Wednesday, December 12, 2014 I hope to rectify that. I'm aiming for all Hageland flights to be pulled from our schedule system from 12-noonish to perhaps as late as 3:30 AKDT. The scheduling system is a good one, but it's incredibly time consuming to execute properly. The easiest way to complete the process is to simply remove all flights out of the Bethel station, and start with scratch. Even with pages and pages of flight routes, times, and fleet aircraft information lined out, this will take a great deal of time. Please be patient.

I don't expect many to notice any down time. But if you happen to be online and notice that your favorite routes aren't available, I will be on the TeamSpeak server throughout the duration. If you ask me, I will expedite your requested flight. And for that matter, if you just wanted to get online and heckle me roundly for taking forever, I'm always up for a good laugh!

With any luck, these changes will breathe new life and offer greater overall experience to those grinding out those hours. Like I overstated from the beginning, there just simply isn't an experience like flying out of the "Frat House"... I'm confident, all will enjoy!

Thank you,

- Daniel

Last edited Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:37 pm | Scroll up

RE: Schedule Updates

in Routes Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 am
by RVF736 Daniel W - PAFA H.M. | 18 Posts

Dave or Cameron. Would you guys NOTAM this please?

Scroll up

in Routes Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

Copy that Daniel. I'll add this tothe NOTAM and send it out. Thanks for all the hard work!

Scroll up

in Routes Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:55 am
by No name specified • ( Guest )

Many thanks Daniel! Having a "local" is so very cool for RAVN. Since we are striving for the most realistic flying in Alaska, you have helped us raise the bar.
Thanks again for your continued efforts!! We really appreciate your efforts.

Dave

Last edited Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 pm | Scroll up

in Routes Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Quote: A guest wrote in post #6
WHO???????? Dave's not here right now....he's not?!?! Where the heck is he??? Hey Cameron...whazz up with the guest instead of my avitar and name? Any idea...

Thanks - Dave

Are you signing in with your old callsign?
Im looking into why it did that...

Scroll up

in Routes Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Usually when you arent signed in it registers you as a "GUEST"....

Scroll up

in Routes Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Dave- Just sent email to you for password reset. Check and verify. If not, email me.

Scroll up

in Routes Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:30 pm
by RVF483 Dave M - OM | 234 Posts

Test mail Hey! I'm back!!!! Yipeee

Last edited Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 pm | Scroll up

RE: NOTAM 1213: Routes for PABE

in Routes Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Yay. Glad to see you made it back finally haha. See you at the event.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: