Dash 8 100

in Aircraft Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:22 pm
by RVF876 Jim A | 4 Posts

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Dash 8 100 for FSX? I've tried a few freeware planes but not great quality. Is there an approved substitution? Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Dash 8 100

in Aircraft Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:38 pm
by RVF736 Daniel W - PAFA H.M. | 18 Posts

Hi Jim!

Glad to see you stepping up to the Dash 8. Unfortunately it's a bit of bad news. I've searched high and low for a quality Dash 8-100. Even 200. There are none I find satisfactory. As a friendly fellow simmer, I don't suggest you waste your time looking. It's really a mess out there. We will, however accept any Dash 8 variant in it's place. If you can find, or put together a package you like, we'll accept a pirep. I believe there used to be a payware Dash 8-300 that might now be freeware or available by some means.

I strongly recommend throwing down the bones for the Majestic Q400. It's hands down one of the Top 5 aircraft made for FSX. We'll also accept the PMDG J41, which is right up there in sheer quality if you can get it to load properly. It's a very fussy aircraft to get working properly. But once it installs without crashing FSX, it's phenomenal.

Just remember that at this rank, we're holding the flight standards to a much higher degree. Consistency is key. We won't be total pirep nazi's, but why else do this if not for the experience?

Good luck, and good flying, Jim. Your pireps are great. Keep them coming!

- Dan

Scroll up

RE: Dash 8 100

in Aircraft Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm
by RVF876 Jim A | 4 Posts

Thanks. I was wondering if the Majestic Q400 would be a suitable alternative as it looks like a great aircraft for FSX. I saw the 300 paywarebut don't want to shell out any coin when I can put that towards the Q400. Thanks again for the reply.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: