Vatsim's vPilot Software Released!

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 12:00 am
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

Attention all pilots-

Having issues with the old VATSIM programs or wanting to join the Vatsim network?

Vatsim released today a custom built Connection program to replace the aging Squakbox, FSInn, and FSCopilot. This program is designed to require less computer resources and allow many new users to join with little experience in setup. This program is available with all the instructions for setup by CLICKING HERE. Being able to talk with active controllers really enhances your flight sim experience and we highly recommend adding this program!

-Era Virtual Airways Staff

Scroll up

RE: Vatsim's vPilot Software Released!

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 9:28 am
by RVF483 Dave M - OM | 234 Posts

I think I'm going to switch over to the newer program and see if it makes any difference. I seem to always be losing my voice comms with FSINN.
We'll see.....

Dave

Scroll up

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 9:48 am
by ERR503 David-Michael J (deleted)

Dave if you do switch it i think you will like it. Me i have had so many issues with FSINN ans squak box to where it would really keep me from enjoying vatsim to the fullest. This program is simple and easy to use. No weather just simple com's and flight plan filling and your Mode C and Indent. And me personally love to keep stuff simple and the software makes doing a flight online so easy. I hope it will help you and your online flying to be much more enjoyable like it has mine.

Scroll up

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 11:51 am
by RVF227 Brian R | 28 Posts

i'd agree it is easy less hardware intensive so for me this is good since my pc is on the low end :) logged about three hours on vatsim now....

ERR227-Brian

Scroll up

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm
by RVF483 Dave M - OM | 234 Posts

Perfect...thanks for the feedback. My computer is also 5+ yrs. old and its stressed anytime it gets near Anchorage. I wonder if you have to delete FSINN or if this will load on top or in addition to FSINN? Obviously, I haven't switched just yet....

Scroll up

in VATSIM Support Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 pm
by ERR503 David-Michael J (deleted)

Well just running this software alone will cut down on resources. And very noticeable i might add. You could try to delete FSINN might help you out a bit. If you run ain type of add on weather programs it take a lot of resources like Active sky are REX.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: