Both systems get error.

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm
by RVF226 Steve M | 20 Posts

Hey Guys, trying to do a flight and when I click 'Log in' on the EraCars it comes up with a box that says

'Notify System Administrator of Switch error
Data not received
Switch=verify'

Any ideas

Thanks Steve

Scroll up

RE: Both systems get error.

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 am
by RVF147 Cameron G - COO | 281 Posts

Can you send me the version of EraCars you have installed?
Thanks

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 am

eRAcARS IS vER 1.0.1.4 and reinstalled it fresh just before I posted this thread.

STeve

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:51 pm

When you uninstalled/reinstalled....did you go in and manually delete any files left behind by the program in your C:\program files\ (or your specific install location)? Sometimes the files left behind get called by the program instead of the new ones. Please make sure you delete all files and do a complete reinstall. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 am

I have what I believed removed all items relating to the Acars system from my computer but still the same error message after installing. Would it be to do with the time frame of not logging a flight and maybe not being on the system due to the issues we had with the old website?

Regards

Steve

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 am

Well we do have quite a few people from the old site logging with this system so it must be isolated to how your FS is transmitting to our system. Let me dig into it a little more and see what it brings up. Sorry for the delay. Are you able to use the other system in the meantime?

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm

When I try to install the other Acars it states it requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and when I go to install it it says 'The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) appears to have failed. Continue the installation?'.

Why is this?

Regards

Steve

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Ok the other Acars system works so I will use that even though I had that error message. Lets get some flights done!! :)

Steve

Scroll up

in SmartCars/EraCars Support Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:27 pm

That error message usually is caused by running in 64-bit and the program wants to update the 32-bit version of c++ but its having no effect on the program. It is fixed by completely removing the acars program and reinstalling the more recent version of the program. Plus check your c++ for 64-bit to make sure it is updated. That did the trick for me.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 266 topics and 1087 posts.

0 members have been online today: